Grappled with severe tooth pain last night? Well, suffering from a toothache can leave you frustrated and drained out.
If you are having a dreadful toothache, it is always advisable to find the root cause of your discomfort. Then you may try to reduce the pain with some natural home-based remedies.
If the tooth pain does not go away and persists for many hours, you may consult the most best dentists in dubai through DoctorUna.
Try these cool home remedies for toothache that offers some much-needed relief:
- Cloves – The oil present in cloves is called Eugenol, it has pain-relieving as well as anti-inflammatory features. This oil, when used on your teeth or gums can give considerable relief from pain. You can use clove powder or place a full clove bud near the affected tooth.
- Garlic – You can find garlic pods in your kitchen. It is enriched with a compound called Allicin that has strong antibacterial and soothing properties. It can help reduce your toothache by battling the infection.
- Saltwater – Rinsing with salt water is a very effective and first-line home treatment for people suffering from tooth pain. Salt can act as an organic disinfectant and clean the teeth of leftover food and debris. Saltwater can lessen the inflammation of the gums and heal minor wounds around the infected area. Mixing half a teaspoon of salt in a glass of lukewarm water and using it as a rinse or mouthwash can do the trick.
- Cold Compress – You can try a cold compress to get rid of the pain. It can be very useful if the toothache is the result of some kind of trauma. Cold compress constricts the blood vessels in that particular area and thus blunts the pain. The intense cold can also lessen the inflammation and swelling near the affected tooth. For a cold compress, you need cloth-wrapped ice or an ice bag and hold it on the affected area for 15 to 20 minutes. You can repeat this process several times if you feel relief.
- Thyme Oil – As you may be aware, thyme is an essential oil with antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties. Just adding a few drops of thyme oil in the water can create an effective mouth wash. You can rinse or gargle with the solution.
- Head Elevation – Keeping your head in a slightly elevated position with the help of a pillow or two can decrease the tooth pain. When you lie down, the blood pools in the head region and can aggravate the pain, hence an elevated position can lessen the toothache.
- Peppermint Tea – Little tea bags with peppermint flavor can be used in the affected area to numb the pain and relax sensitive gums. Make sure the tea bag is semi-cool before the application. This tea bag must be slightly warm. Another method is to use cold tea bags that have been kept in a deep freezer for a few hours. This bag can be used to chill the affected area and soothe the sensation of pain.
- Vanilla Extract – This extract also contains alcohol and can effectively numb the affected area. It is a great antioxidant with powerful healing properties. You can take a small amount of pure vanilla extract on a cotton ball and then dab it on the affected tooth a few times. You can repeat this procedure to get good relief.
- Wheatgrass – With superior healing effects, wheatgrass can work internally to heal your body and give relief from inflammation and prevent the onset of infections. The chlorophyll properties in wheatgrass can fight bacterial infections. You can use wheatgrass extract or juice as a potent mouthwash.
- Guava Leaves – These leaves are rich in anti-inflammatory and anti-microbial compounds that assist in healing stubborn wounds. They can be used for oral care by chewing on clean and fresh guava leaves. You can also boil the leaves in water to make a strong mouthwash.
The above-mentioned natural remedies can prove to be useful in an emergency to fight irritating tooth pain.
You should ideally consult your local dentist for proper diagnosis and treatment, even after the pain subsides using home remedies.
You can find health specialists and dentists in Dubai at the leading medical platform, DoctorUna. You can consult the best dentists online or request a real appointment.
DoctorUna has the most perfect medical solution for you and your family. You can quickly download the DoctorUna App or visit the online official website to connect with the most verified health specialists in the UAE.