Are you expecting a baby soon? Do you think you provide your baby with all the essential nutrients? A baby, while in the womb, gains all the essential nutrients from the food consumed by the mother. Hence, it is very important for all the expectant mothers to take proper care of their daily diet.
You might have heard from a lot of people that nuts are good for the growth of your baby. However, not all the nuts are completely healthy for you and your baby. One of the most important nuts you should consume regularly during pregnancy is walnut. Believe it or not, it provides both the mother and the baby with all the essential nutrients and minerals.
In this article, we will help you gain some knowledge about the benefits of eating walnuts during pregnancy. Please take a look at the points mentioned below:
- Helps in the Brain Development – Did you know that walnuts are rich in Omega-3 fatty acids? As a result, it plays a vital role in enhancing the brain activities and vision of the fetus.
- Helps in the Overall Development of the Fetus – The copper content present in walnuts help in the overall growth and development of your baby.
- Reduces the Increase in Blood Pressure – One of the major problems faced by pregnant women is the increase in the blood pressure levels. This can be reduced to a certain extent with the help of walnuts. If you eat walnut regularly, it increases the level of good fats in your body and reduces the bad cholesterol level.
- Enhances Immunity – You become vulnerable to a lot of infections and diseases while you are pregnant. Walnuts contain many antioxidants and vitamin E which help to improve your immunity.
- Reduces Inflammation – Are you suffering from any inflammation problems? If so, you should definitely consume walnuts throughout your pregnancy. The will help to reduce all the inflammations and improves the blood circulation. This will also help your baby to get all the nutrients and oxygen from you.
- Provides a Good Night’s Sleep – Many pregnant women suffer from the lack of sleep. Consuming walnuts regularly will enhance the sleep-inducing hormone called Melatonin. Hence, you will be able to get a good night’s sleep.
- Prevents Obesity – Cravings are very common during pregnancy. However, these cravings can also lead to obesity and other health problems after delivery. Walnuts are rich in proteins and fiber which will help you to control excess cravings. The fiber content will also make you feel full and reduces the cravings for sugary products. This, in turn, will also help to prevent gestational diabetes to a certain extent.
Also read: Can I eat almonds during pregnancy?
In short, eating a handful of walnuts regularly during pregnancy will help you overcome a lot of health problems. It will also keep your baby completely healthy. Instead of giving into your cravings and eating unhealthy processed food products, try to add walnuts to your daily diet. Always remember that the food you eat will definitely affect your baby. Only a healthy mother can deliver a healthy baby.