Pregnancy brings major changes to a woman life, physically as well as mentally. Some changes are beautiful and are cherished by the soon-to-be-mommy but many changes are a little hard to cope with. Imagine starting your day with morning sickness and ending it with cramps. Not only this, spending your day with a roller coaster of emotions and on top of that feeling the urge of peeing like 100 times a day, trust me, only a pregnant woman can understand it. Pregnancy is an incredible experience, although it leaves many ladies cranky! Here are some situations that every pregnant lady would relate to.
1. Morning Sickness: More than 50% of pregnant women experience morning sickness accompanied by vomiting.
2. Back pain: As your uterus expands, you may feel aches and pains in the back, abdomen, groin area and thighs.
3. Frequent Urination: Blood flow to the woman’s kidneys increases by up to 60% which makes her kidneys produce up to 25% more urine.
4. Constipation: Hormonal changes, pressure on the womb, and the iron in the prenatal vitamins are to blame for constipation.
5. Sleep Disturbance: Midnight bathroom breaks, out of control hormones, and pregnancy woes such as congestion and heartburn makes you sleep deprived.
6. Heartburn: Pregnancy hormones make the valve at the entrance to the stomach relax, which results in burping feeling in the throat and chest.
7. Depression: About 14 to 23 percent of all pregnant women experience depression during pregnancy.
8. Tummy Cramps: These are caused by your womb expanding, ligaments stretching, hormones constipation or trapped winds.
9. Acne: Increased androgens hormones causes the glands in your skin to grow and produce more sebum which can clog pores and lead to acne.
10. Weight Gain: An average woman gain between 11.5 kg and 16 kg weight during pregnancy.
11. Anger: Prolonged anger in pregnancy may lead to distress to the unborn baby. It might lead to specific complications during pregnancy.
12. Bloating: Your body produces more progestrone to support your pregnancy, which allows gas to build up and leads to bloating, burping, and flatulence.
13. Body Shape Changes: A woman’s body undergoes many transformations during the 9 months of pregnancy.
14. Shortness Of Breath: Many women feel breathless during pregnancy as your body adjusts to new hormonal levels.
15. Rapid Heart Beats: Increased amount of blood in the body during pregnancy results in a heart rate that’s about 25% faster than usual.
16. Leg Cramps: Leg cramps are caused by fatigue, the uterus pressing on certain nerves, or decreased circulation in the legs from the pressure of the baby on blood vessels.
17. Fears: Most pregnant women have fears related to labor pain, miscariage and health of the baby.
18. Bręast Tenderness: Your brėasts may feel swollen, sensitive, tender to the touch or sore during pregnancy, thanks to the hormonal changes.
19. Stress: As many as 8 percent women experience stress during pregnancy, which can cause premature or low birth weight baby.
20. Worry And Anxiety: About 1 in 10 pregnant women experience anxiety at some point.
21. Mood Swings: Reason for pregnancy mood swings is the rapidly changing hormones, specifically, estrogene and progestrone.
Bottom line: Yes, pregnancy is a joyful, wonderful and miraculous experience, but we have to admit that it is irrefutably tough for a woman to endure such major changes in her body and still be calm and peaceful.
During this time, a woman needs mental support more than the physical one and expecting her to act in a normal way would be really unjustified. These changes leave a woman feeling insecure about her body and feeling anxious about many things. From having doubts about being a good mother to being a perfect wife after the birth of your child, a mother tends to build strange scenarios in her mind and feels conscious about it.
So dear man, your lady may or may not express her insecurities and the difficult experiences she must be going through. Although she is strong enough, after all she is making a human inside her! Being a responsible husband, you ought to listen to the unsaid words of your wife.
After reading this article you must have understood about the ups and downs in her health very clearly, we hope that you would try to look for some ways to reduce her anxiety, instead of being impatient with her.